PDA

View Full Version : Engine Coolant Fluid - PARAFLU recommended by FIAT

MN
08-09-2012, 05:20 PM
A coolant is a fluid which flows through engines to prevent its overheating, transferring the heat produced by the device to other devices that use or dissipate it.

So an ideal coolant has high thermal capacity, low viscosity, is low-cost, non-toxic, and chemically inert, neither causing nor promoting corrosion of the cooling system.

Coolants can be classified to following types:

Gases
Liquids
Molten metals and salts
Liquid gases
Nanofluids
Solids

I will limit the scope of this thread to Liquid Coolants.

The most common liquid coolant is water.

In a typical automobile engine using liquid cooling system, the water is filled in to the radiator.

Normally water contains lot of chemical substances, which makes its pH to vary depending on the source.

It is completely good to use a pH neutral water in radiator.

However, it is always tough to guarantee a neutral pH for water, though it is defined theoretically.

Depending up on the acid / alkaline property of the substances in the water being used, radiator, engine block, cylinder head etc. can face a threat of corrosion.

This is where Coolants are going to be useful!

Following are the major advantages of mixing coolant:

Acts as a corrosion inhibitor.

Corrosion inhibitor is a chemical compound that, when added to a liquid or gas, decreases the corrosion rate of a metal or an alloy.

Acts as an antifreeze agent.

An antifreeze agent prevents a rigid enclosure from undergoing physical stresses and catastrophic deformation due to the expansion that occurs when water turns to ice.

Increases the boiling point of the water.

With higher boiling point, water can be raised to considerably higher temperatures (above 100 degrees Celsius) without introducing high pressures within the container or loop system.

Be informed that coolant mixes are toxic and sadly, is a cause for environmental pollution.

Coolants are color coded to identify coolant type according to the chemical compound being used.

There are 3 types of coolants, based on the color:

Green / Yellow / Blue Color

These coolants are glycol based products and contains ethylene glycol, diethylene glycol, or propylene glycol.

Silicates and Phosphates are also added to the mixture to prevent corrosion.

Ethylene glyco and diethylene glycol are highly toxic in nature.

However propylene glycol is relatively safe and is used widely because of this reason. propylene glycol can increase the boiling point of water to 187 degree Celsius.

These type of coolants need to be replaced completely once in an year.

Orange / Dark Green / Pink

These type of coolants are Organic Acid Technology (OAT) based products containing ingredients as sebacate, 2-Ethylhexanoic acidm, and other organic acids.

These are Organic compounds and hence is very environmental friendly.

Silicates and Phosphates are not used in these type of coolants (except in the case of Toyota's pink extended-life coolant, which adds a dose of phosphate to its extended-life OAT-based antifreeze).

Though normally these coolants are colored either Orange or Pink.

The corrosion inhibitors in OAT coolants are slower acting but much longer-lived than those in traditional coolants.

Consequently, OAT coolants typically have longer a recommended service life.

OAT coolants offers highest life and need to be changed only once in 5 years or 240,000 km (150,000 miles).

Red

These type of coolants are built with the Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) formulation or better knows as G-05 (e.g., Zerex G-05)

This formulation also uses organic acids, but not 2-EHA (different organic acids are used).

Hybrid OAT coolants add some silicate to provide quick-acting protection for aluminum surfaces.

Silicate also helps repair surface erosion caused by cavitation in the water pump. Hybrid OAT coolants are currently used by many European vehicle manufacturers as well as Ford and Chrysler and claims to have an extended service life of five years or 240,000 km (150,000 miles).

PS: DEX-COOL specifically has caused controversy.

So one final question, Which coolant should I pick & use?

The safe answer is the type specified by the vehicle manufacturer.

Many antifreeze suppliers have introduced Universal Coolant or Global Coolant products that are one-size-fits-all coolants claimed to be compatible with any new vehicle cooling system as well as older vehicles.

One very important point to keep in mind here is that universal coolants and extended-life coolants are not lifetime coolants.

The corrosion inhibitors in all types of coolant eventually wear out and must be replenished by changing the coolant.

Leave the old coolant in too long and the cooling system will experience corrosion problems.

Also, not that it is not advisable to mix different type of coolants, though manufactures tend claims that they will do no harm.

PARAFLU

Paraflu is an ethylene glycol based coolant.

This comes as a concentrated fluid and hence need to be mixed with water before usage.

The proportion is 50:50 (Paraflu : Water) and the concentrate should not be used directly.

The recommended change interval is every 2 years or every 60,000 Km which ever is earlier.

Also note that you should always use Paraflu only and should not mix it with any other coolants.

Paraflu is recommended by Fiat.

Never do the top-up of radiator; which is in fact not a good for long run.

It is owners responsibility to remember and completely drain out the radiator and fill in the new coolant as per the adviced interval in the user manual.

Source: Various.

anupam
08-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Dear MN,

I have been using gloden cruiser,I know they may not be O.E but are known in Industry,

Moreover I have seen ASS using Gloden Cruiser for Coolant.
http://www.scci.co.in/products.php

Thanks & Regards
Anupam

torquey_tnd
08-14-2012, 11:33 PM
So Paraflu is that PINKISH liquid is what i understand

Being available in 1Ltr Plastic can .. & A Top up Of coolant which
happened after AC Kit upgrade as below

It was remarkable to see them topping fresh coolant 1Lt loose
to the old being drained to save the cost on consumables

It was a part of 2nd free service and I was given the reason its Safe to Top up.

Also last service saw the bill indicating atleast 4 liters of new coolant hozed in
with nothing but plain water - Which is where the confusion is ....

As per Manual (Grande punto & Linea) , is it not Paraflu +De-Mineralized water Only???

Without a doubt , Is it safe to fed into the coolant systems Fresh cooolant with Plain water mostly done at TASC?

Last but not the least the term "Distilled Water" comes very close to this territory ..
Easily available @ all Battery shops , The De-Mineralized Version maybe outtaa this earth :confused:

But Dunnno
what FIAT meant by De-Mineralized version...

Kindly enlighten

Cheers
TND

VijayPSSikarwar
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
I am to change the coolant of my Fiat Palio 1.9D. I wanted to understand if adding any type of additive along with coolant is desired?

VijayPSSikarwar
09-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Also what is the capacity for coolant is in Palio 1.9D?

V Sunilkumar
09-25-2012, 08:23 PM
It is very important to pour only diluted coolant(50:50). A concentrated coolant will not flow as freely as a diluted coolant resulting in poor thermal transport within the engine.
The main function of coolant is to save the engine from extreme cold and extreme hot conditions. Always carry a diluted mixture inside the car. TASS people have the inborn habit of pouring water(I hope at least they add distilled water) for top up. More the water content more hot will be the coolant which is not good for cooling system. Only the 50:50 diluted coolant has the appropriate viscosity that is ideal for better better circulation

-sunil

VijayPSSikarwar
09-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks a lot Mr.Sunil. I will surely see that the same is done while changing the coolant.

zoombiee
09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
The process of changing the coolant is also quite important. Most often than not what I have seen is the bottom hose (from which the coolant is sucked) is removed and the tank is emptied. The hose is then connected and the coolant refilled. The better way is to remove the top hose (from which the coolant reenters the tank), run the engine and collect the fluid below. Excess distilled water needs to be added to the tank and the engine should be run for about 15-20 minutes. This ensures that all the rust that has accumulated in the plumbing also comes out (as much as possible). The coolant plumbing contains a lot of rust which needs to be removed periodically. (Usage of radiator flushing agent is again optional, more of a feel good factor). Stop the engine, completely drain the tank and refill the coolant.

VijayPSSikarwar
09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi FIATians,

Got the coolant flushed today morning in front of my eyes & got fresh coolant water mixture filled. Have to see now that with ac on & the vehicle standing for more then 2mins in a hot Chennai afternoon, still the temperature needle goes beyond 1/2 mark.
Got the job done from MYTVS, the service was quick. 1.5ltr Coolant put by them was one supplied by TVS to them @ 200/ltr. They seemed to not know the brand Unsure. The same was diluted with 1.5ltr distilled water @20/ltr. Total expense 320.

cvanandh
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Well said zoombiee, that is the perfect methodology! During my Palio 1.2 days, I've seen this very same mechanism being followed at TVS Coimbatore.

V Sunilkumar
09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Well said zoombiee, that is the perfect methodology! During my Palio 1.2 days, I've seen this very same mechanism being followed at TVS Coimbatore.
Any idea whether TASS follows the method mentioned by zoombiee?

karthik
09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
1) Is Paraflu concentrated or already diluted?
I ask before you get both types of coolant by other manufacturers in market.
2)Paraflu is available easily in open market?
3) Are there different grades of Paraflu available or all Fiat cars use a standard grade of Paraflu?

MN
09-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Dear Karthik,

One can also use other good brand of Coolant in place of Paraflu.

One needs to confirm that the alternate after market coolant brand meets the same specifications as mentioned by FIAT for use of coolant.

Paraflu is an ethylene glycol based coolant.

This comes as a concentrated fluid and hence need to be mixed with water (distilled is better) before usage.

The proportion is 50:50 (Paraflu : Water) and the concentrate should not be used directly and you should not mix it with any other coolant.

The Technical Specifications are as follows

Paraflu 11 is a concentrated Etylen Glycol protective fluid for radiators.

Paraflu 11 provides ideal protection for the cooling systems of cars, light and heavy commercial vehicles, tractors and earth-moving machinery.

Characteristics:

Mixed with 50% water, Paraflu 11 ensures:

•Optimal removal of heat from the engine combustion chamber.

•Maximum protection against:

◦Freezing (down to an outside temperature of -40°)

◦The formation of scaling;

◦Boiling in the summer months, in motorway pileups, in city traffic (circuit temperature up to + 110°);

◦Corrosion of metal elements in the cooling circuits (cast iron, aluminum, copper);

◦Over-bulking of the rubber and plastic elements in the circuit.

Specifications

FIAT 9.55523, IVECO 18-1830,CONTRACTUAL TECHNICAL REF. N°I002.C00, CUNA NC 956-16, ASTM D 3306 Type 1, ASTM D 6210 Type 1-FF

ASTM D3306 - 11 Standard Specification for Glycol Base Engine Coolant for Automobile and Light-Duty Service

Type 1: For cars:

Type 1: Mix half antifreeze and half water. Automotive (D-3306) or Fully formulated (ASTM D-6210) antifreeze can be used. Prepare the coolant by mixing the antifreeze and water and then fill the coolant system.

ASTM D6210 - 10 Standard Specification for Fully-Formulated Glycol Base Engine Coolant for Heavy-Duty Engines

V Sunilkumar
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
PARAFLU UP (which is used in punto/Linea) is a OAT based coolant. OAT stands for Organic Acid Technology. Instead of using mineral-based additives like borate, nitrite or phosphate to protect the metals of the engine, OAT coolants use a combination of carboxylic and fatty acids instead. This removes the need to add silicate compounds--indeed, it removes silicate compounds completely so coolant no longer needs to be tested or bolstered by continuous additives. This allows the coolant to last long than the normal ones.
PARAFLUE11 is not OAT based.

Main benefits:
1. Doesn’t react with lubricants of water pump system
2. Will not dissolve aluminum like mineral based coolants
3. They have extended life time compared to normal coolants

Colour :
Green colour coolants are the inorganic type coolants with silica based additives
Para flue OP is a orange/red colour that are coloured with a due to distinguish it from the others.

Mixing of different type coolants should not be done. Always stick with the coolant specified by the manufacturer. There may be lot of other factors considered by manufacturer, like reaction of coolant to other part of cooling system than their mere freezing and boiling properties. What they have specified is a tradeoff between two or more requirements that may not be obtained at a time.

Ethylene based coolants are toxic to humans. It is very important that the diluted mixture should be kept at a place not reachable to small children.

karthik
09-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Is PAraflu easily available in open market?

MN
09-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Dear Karthik,

I had purchased Coolant, Synthetic Oil & Brake Oil, various fuses, bulbs, as extra spare for the Bhutan Trip from GEM Motors Coimbatore TATA FIAT A.S.S.

I hope it must be available in the open market.

karthik
09-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Excellent!

I will look for it. I need it for my Adventure when leaks are fixed + as a spare for my Bhutan trip

cvanandh
09-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes Karthik, it is easily available in the market.

@Sun, that was a very good explanation. Sounded to me a bit like my Chemistry class Roll Eyes

zoombiee
09-26-2012, 06:06 PM
With the TASS that I have experience with no. When I got my car serviced with them, they did not follow this. I could realise this by looking at the color of the coolant. It was a mix of brown (rust/old paraflu) and green (new pre mixed coolant). One week later had the entire radiator flushed and coolant replaced at a trusted garage (SV Cartech).
Radiator flushing is very important for Palios. There is a lot of rust accumulation. My Palio's AC valve got messed up because of accumulated rust. The valve would just not move from hot to cold. This resulted in the wire that connects the temperature controller (where you set the temperature) getting twisted and over a period of time the hook where the wire connects with the valve broke off. When we removed the valve I was amazed with the rust that came out. I think its best to flush the coolant and refill at every service. The coolant costs just about 200 buks and the labor costs about 100 buks.

V Sunilkumar
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
With the TASS that I have experience with no. When I got my car serviced with them, they did not follow this. I could realise this by looking at the color of the coolant. It was a mix of brown (rust/old paraflu) and green (new pre mixed coolant). One week later had the entire radiator flushed and coolant replaced at a trusted garage (SV Cartech).
Does Palio use green coolant which is inorganic based?

cvanandh
09-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Does Palio use green coolant which is inorganic based?

Yes. All the Palio's came with the 'green' coolant. In mine, I changed to the 'red' paraflu during 2nd service.

VijayPSSikarwar
09-27-2012, 12:46 AM

I don't think so. This June I had given my car to Concorde Motors @ ECR Road. After a hefty bill paid I had some problem with the car in couple of days & took it to MYTVS. They checked that the coolant was brownish in color which means what they did was a top-up & they charged me for the full amount of coolant.
Also they did same with the engine oil & charged me in full. TASS is only interested in selling spares which they have readily available even if you there is no change required & cheat the customer with such tactics as mentioned above.

torquey_tnd
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
1) Is Paraflu concentrated or already diluted?
I ask before you get both types of coolant by other manufacturers in market.
2)Paraflu is available easily in open market?
3) Are there different grades of Paraflu available or all Fiat cars use a standard grade of Paraflu?

Try the HP's 'Thanda RAJA' is the most highly preferred one

You get them priced better , easy to be carried as spare on long trip's
and get them in concentrated & DILUTED version i.e Ready to pour 1ltr Bottle avail @ all HP petrol bunk's

I have used this one in M&M Xylo & GP Diesel - Awesum stuff!

cheers
TND

torquey_tnd
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Radiator flushing is very important for Palios. There is a lot of rust accumulation. My Palio's AC valve got messed up because of accumulated rust. The valve would just not move from hot to cold. This resulted in the wire that connects the temperature controller (where you set the temperature) getting twisted and over a period of time the hook where the wire connects with the valve broke off. When we removed the valve I was amazed with the rust that came out. I think its best to flush the coolant and refill at every service. The coolant costs just about 200 buks and the labor costs about 100 buks.

+1 to you Zoomb's

I am so due for this in my next annual service , earlier thought of gate crashing for the HPS issue & an Early oil change
After reading this i am now eager to do a Radiator Flush & coolant replacement only at an Authorized Independant Garage only
not a TASC , these moron's wont serve our car with the extra emotion it needs!

Keep these banter's & Helpful tips coming in ...

Cheers
TND

karthik
04-15-2013, 07:10 PM
The process of changing the coolant is also quite important. Most often than not what I have seen is the bottom hose (from which the coolant is sucked) is removed and the tank is emptied. The hose is then connected and the coolant refilled. The better way is to remove the top hose (from which the coolant reenters the tank), run the engine and collect the fluid below. Excess distilled water needs to be added to the tank and the engine should be run for about 15-20 minutes. This ensures that all the rust that has accumulated in the plumbing also comes out (as much as possible). The coolant plumbing contains a lot of rust which needs to be removed periodically. (Usage of radiator flushing agent is again optional, more of a feel good factor). Stop the engine, completely drain the tank and refill the coolant.

Time to refresh the coolant of my MJD, a proactive step! I will try the method you outlined.

Whats the amount of coolant mixture that the Palio MJD holds? I mean how much Paraflu should I buy and mix it with distilled water? I think my Palio came with the red one itself since last when I checked, it appeared brownish.

cvanandh
04-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Karthik, paraflu is ready to use type of coolant. That is, it is already a mixture of water and coolant, so just buy the required quantity and use directly.

Sent from my CanvasHD

karthik
04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh my! I never knew that. How much does the Palio MJD need?

Sujit
04-16-2013, 12:44 PM

I am also due for a Coolant replacement .. as my Mjd has done atleast 20000 kms, without coolant change.

I was initially thinking of getting it done at TASS/FASS. But reading at the posts here. I am thinking of getting it done at a small workshop. and instructing him to follow the procedure done by zoombie ( the Mechanic does not know much about Fiats, I go there because of his tools and I get the job done then and there and labour is standard 100 bucks :) )

So guys Let me know
1. how many liters of Paraflu or Paraflu Up should I be buying?
2. Diluting or no Diluting with distilled water?
3. How many liters of Distilled water during flushing?
4. And any other precautions I should be taking?

sriramr9
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
I am also due for a Coolant replacement .. as my Mjd has done atleast 20000 kms, without coolant change.

I was initially thinking of getting it done at TASS/FASS. But reading at the posts here. I am thinking of getting it done at a small workshop. and instructing him to follow the procedure done by zoombie ( the Mechanic does not know much about Fiats, I go there because of his tools and I get the job done then and there and labour is standard 100 bucks :) )

So guys Let me know
1. how many liters of Paraflu or Paraflu Up should I be buying?
2. Diluting or no Diluting with distilled water?
3. How many liters of Distilled water during flushing?
4. And any other precautions I should be taking?

Not sure if your drive requires a coolant replacement at this juncture, considering having clocked 20,000km in odo. My understanding on this subject is no need for coolant change for at least until 45-50,000 kms. Maybe you can top up the coolant sump by mixing 50:50 paraflu:distilled water.

That should suffice,can you confirm if you are planning for a radiator flushing. i am told, radiator flushing causes more harm to the radiator than good, if not done at the right time.

cvanandh
04-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Sriram, it depends on the coolant currently used. If its paraflu then 45k is fine but if its regular then 20k is best.

Sent from my CanvasHD

Sujit
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Not sure if your drive requires a coolant replacement at this juncture, considering having clocked 20,000km in odo. My understanding on this subject is no need for coolant change for at least until 45-50,000 kms. Maybe you can top up the coolant sump by mixing 50:50 paraflu:distilled water.

Actually my ODO stands at 45500 kms, and I have had this car at 30,000 kms on ODO from the previous owner..
Looking back at the car's service history(from Previous owner). I don't think the car has ever had coolant change. So I believe its running on the same coolant since it left the factory 4 years ago.

cvanandh
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Then please go ahead as you have planned. I'm not sure on quantity required. Paraflu is ready to use diluted coolant. Just check the instructions on the label just to be fully sure.

Sent from my CanvasHD

karthik
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Sujit, when you figure out how much quantity is needed and where to source it from, I will be interested too. I am trying to figure out same, if any leads, will let u know.

syed
04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Hi Karthik/Sujit,

I am also looking for paraflu, please do let me also know if are able to source the same in BLR.

Regards,
Syed

V Sunilkumar
04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
no need for coolant change for at least until 45-50,000 kms. Maybe you can top up the coolant sump by mixing 50:50 paraflu:distilled water.
It is not only kms but time also matters. Coolant need to be changed if it is 2 years old. May not crate problem if it is not changed but it is always healthy for engine to change it in a fixed period ( year or kms, whichever comes early).

sriramr9
04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Sriram, it depends on the coolant currently used. If its paraflu then 45k is fine but if its regular then 20k is best.

Sent from my CanvasHD

Thanks Anand, I was unsure here as he just mentioned the word MJD, the understanding was Paraflu should have been coolant he might have got under his bonnet, Palio MJD and Punto MJD should be one and the same.

cvanandh
04-17-2013, 02:38 PM
No issues Sriram, understand your point :) Palio and Punto MJD are same, but it was the 2010 Palio's that came with Paraflu, older ones were with the normal coolant.

Sujit
04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Sujit, when you figure out how much quantity is needed and where to source it from, I will be interested too. I am trying to figure out same, if any leads, will let u know.

Hi Karthik/Sujit,

I am also looking for paraflu, please do let me also know if are able to source the same in BLR.

Regards,
Syed

Hi Guys,

I went in search of Paraflu to J.C.Road on saturday. But could not find paraflu in stock anywhere.
Seems like none of them even heard of Paraflu Coolant:confused:. I had to explain its a Red coolant for fiat engines, and the only alternative suggested by them was golden cruiser (Red Coolant). The packing didn't have any technical details Or grades/specifications numbers mentioned. so decided to wait.

Looking forward for 99rpm to get this for us

karthik
04-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Our Pavan Kadam has good contacts with TASS. I am checking if he can source Paraflu from there for us :)
As of now, requirement is for:
Self
Sujit
and Syed

Let me follow up with him again today :)

bharathj85
04-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Guys how many paraflu do you all require. Maybe i can source it from RDC to all of you and Courier the same.

karthik
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I would need whatever amount a Palio Stile MJD needs. Ready for cost + courier (or would be thankful if anyone on forum coming from Chennai to Blr can get it)

Sujit
06-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Paraflu is not available anywhere in Bangalore market, anyway went ahead with a red coolant, called puroguard, went to the near by mechanic , I was in shock when he emptied the old coolant, it was just plain water:eek:, no coolant at all ,the mechanic got his chance to bad mouth the service centers :D. Glad I went ahead with the change,

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2

Brahadeesh
06-11-2013, 08:30 PM
So, where in chennai is Paraflu available? at RDC?

sparkglow
06-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Paraflu is available with S.M. Auto at General Patters Road, Chennai.

karthik
06-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Oh man! Simply forgot to check with you guys on coolant when i came to Chennai last week :(

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Brahadeesh
06-11-2013, 08:54 PM
@karthik, will check with SM, chennai as sparkglow has informed and if available with them, will get for you as well and send across... will keep you updated as well, this weekend...

i myself will have to check on the quantity required for my GTX. if you know how much is required for ur MJD, please let me know as well...

karthik
06-11-2013, 09:01 PM
It holds 7.6 ltrs in total with 50:50 mixture of water. So would want 4ltrs. Let me know the costs when you visit them. Thanks mte

sparkglow
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Paraflu is a Petronas product, isnt it?

http://www.pli-petronas.in/products/ff_paraflu.aspx
http://www.pli-petronas.in/contactus/default.aspx#history_divider

MN
06-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Dear Karthik, Sujit,Brahadeesh,

Paraflu indeed is a PETRONAS product & is OE for FIAT Grande Punto & Linea.

So I am sure that any FIAT Authorised center has it with them.

I still remember way back in 2010 when I got my Linea while I was preparing for the BHUTAN Road Trip I had gone to GEM Motors & bough the Paraflu from them by paying for it and it can be purchased by anyone who can go to the FIAT authorized center & get it & pay for it.

Karthik & Sujit - kindly check in Bengaluru A.S.S. itself, call them tomorrow & find out. Yes the mixture is 50-50.

Brahadeesh - you can check it with RDC Motors in Chennai & I am very sure they will have it & can give it & bill you for it.

Sujit please ensure that whatever coolant you have just purchased & used it in your Palio meets this specification as per this in this link

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread.php?830-Fiat-Oil-Specifications-amp-Which-one-do-you-Use!!!&highlight=FIAT+recommended

Hope this helps.

karthik
06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Bangalore FASS isnt kind enough to provide spares or consumables over the counter sir. Thats the only issue.

MN
06-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Dear Karthik,

I am sorry to hear this my friend. I had picked up Paraflu from TAFE (erst while TATA FIAT ASS) even during the recent NEPAL Road Trip along with Selena Synthetic Oil & got it billed.

Let me make immediate arrangement for the Coolant from RDC to you. Tomorrow I will arrange this to you to be couriered from RDC Motors by speaking with Mr.Chandrashekar Sir MD of RDC and I will ask him to send it your address. I will pay for it when I go to RDC in 2 days time. Am in Delhi on work & returning back tomorrow night to Chennai.

@ Sujit - I am sorry I never knew you too had this same difficulty in Blore. I would have spoken with RDC and got it for you. Because you could not get it in Blore you had to go for another brand.

MN
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Paraflu is available with S.M. Auto at General Patters Road, Chennai.

Tanveer Bhai,

Just please ensure it is genuine. I really don't know whether the products of PETRONAS are available in open market.

sparkglow
06-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Mahesh Bhai, with shops on the GP Road, I wouldn't be too sure. But nevertheless one needs to exercise caution before buying from the open market.

bharathj85
06-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Try Gautham or SM automobiles.

Maharajan
03-03-2014, 11:49 PM

Hi, Anand

Our mechanic opened the thumb screw on top of Radiator and ran the engine for a while, old coolant water came out, and flowed the air on expansion tank using lung pressure, then started pouring in 1 litter of coolant and followed by 1.5 litter of distilled water, then closed the screw.

Total coolant water mixture filled is 2.5 litter only

is this correct?

Thanks and Regards
Maharajan

syed
03-04-2014, 02:32 AM
Hi, Anand

Our mechanic opened the thumb screw on top of Radiator and ran the engine for a while, old coolant water came out, and flowed the air on expansion tank using lung pressure, then started pouring in 1 litter of coolant and followed by 1.5 litter of distilled water, then closed the screw.

is this correct?

Thanks and Regards
Maharajan

Dear Maharajan,

I am not sure about the quantity of coolant, but never mix coolant and distilled water directly in the coolant tank. It adviced to mix them in bucket properly and then pour it into the coolant tank.

zoombiee
03-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Hi, Anand

is this correct?

Thanks and Regards
Maharajan

Palios take in good 6-6.5 litres of coolant. 2.5 litres will not even hit the min level mark. Best is to buy premixed coolant. From my experience of coolant replacement - Palio coolant replacement isnt a straight shot. Post service, you will need to monitor the coolant levels and keep topping up.

Maharajan
03-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Hi, Zoombiee

Yes, I got your point.

Coolant tank have two potions

1. left side is very small portion where the top hose is connected. on the side wall we can see two vertical arrow(small and big)
2. right side is little big portion where we used to pour in the coolant water. on the side wall we can see the MIN and MAX marks. I checked and ensured that water level is just hitting the MAX level.

However we did not have the direct control on left side portion. In the morning level is between small arrow and big arrow on this left side. Is this correct?

Thanks and Regards
Maharajan

zoombiee
03-17-2014, 11:18 AM
I think you need to do a top up. Keep the level as close to max as possible. Usually the right hand side section of the tank is bigger and that is the one which should be closer to max. From what I have seen unless you go below a certain level, the level of coolant in both these tanks is almost similar.

amit_ku_nigam
04-14-2014, 01:05 AM
What is the purpose of dividing the coolant tank into two parts.

I am also facing this that coolant level in small portion remains low as compared to right portion. Also when engine starts the smaller left portion becomes empty and right portion has coolant till Max mark.

Whats is the problem? Pleas help...

amit_ku_nigam
04-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Can Paraflu Red Coolant(used in Punto and Linea) be used in Palio Stile?